No one injured in residential fire
Dec. 17, 2012 — A Susanville family avoided injury when a fire broke out in their home at 1907 Second St. about 2:04 a.m., Saturday, Dec. 15.
According to a press release from the Susanville Fire Department, smoke was coming from the roof and attic vents when the first company arrived on the scene. The occupants had already escaped the building.
Firefighters had the blaze under control within 90 minutes, and their quick actions saved personal belongings as well as Christmas presents.
Three fire engines, one ladder truck and one chief officer from the Susanville Fire Department responded as well as one Calfire engine and one fire engine and one fire chief officer from the Susan River Fire Protection District.
Additional agencies assisting at the incident included the Susanville Police Department, Lassen County Sheriff’s Office, the Lassen Municipal Utility District and the city of Susanville Water Department.
An investigation into the incident discovered the fire originated in the chimney.
The fire department reminds residents to have their woodstoves, flues, chimneys and stovepipes cleaned and inspected annually. It also recommends testing smoke alarms monthly and changing the batteries in them twice a year.
Lassen High School Football Boosters plan to raise funds for Arnold Field
May 15 — The Lassen High School Football Boosters have come up with several fun and creative ways to raise funds for the renovation of Arnold Field. The boosters are offering students, athletes, alumni, local businesses and community organizations a way to permanently make their mark at Lassen High...Read More...
Grizzliette Show is a huge success
The Lassen High School drill team hits its final pose at the end of a routine during the annual Grizzliette Show Friday, May 3. The show featured routines the Grizzliettes have performed throughout the year. Photo by Maddie Musante May 14 — The Lassen High School drill team...Read More...
Lady Grizzlies win league championship
The Lassen High School varsity softball team stands together after winning the first game of its three-game series against Yreka High School. The Lady Grizzlies went on to beat Yreka in away game Thursday, May 9, clinching the league championship. Photo by Scott Nordstrom May 10...Read More...