SIAD hosts job fair
Sierra Army Depot hosts a job fair from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, March 2 at the Sierra Army Depot Skedaddle Inn, 144 Susanville Road in Herlong. Applicants are asked to bring a printed resume’ for each position for which they are applying.
Current depot employees must take leave to attend. Government vehicles are not authorized. Application by email is highly encouraged. Send applications to [email protected]
Air Conditioning Equipment Mechanic WG 10 (Term and Permanent) *608 AC Certification Required salary starting at $58K; Braker-Switcher WG 7 (Forklift Operator) salary starting at $49K; Engineering Equipment Operator WG 8/10 (Term) salary starting at $52K; Firefighter GS 5/6/7 (Permanent) salary starting at $38K w/incentives; Flame-Arc Cutter WG 8 (Term) salary starting at $52K; General Supply Specialist GS 9 (Permanent) salary starting at $57K; Heavy Mobile Equipment Mechanic WG 10 (Permanent) salary starting at $58K Logistics Management Specialist GS 9/11 (Term) salary starting at $57K; Management Analysts GS 9/11 (Permanent) salary starting at $57K; Materials Examiner & Identifier WG 7 (Term) salary starting at $49K; Materials Examinter & Identifier Supervisor WS 5 (Term) salary starting at $61K; Mechanical Equipment Repairer WG 8 (Term) salary starting at $52K; Materials Handler WG 6 (Term) salary starting at $46K; Materials Handler Supervisor WS 4 (Term) salary starting at $55K; Mobile Equipment Operator WG 9 (Permanent) salary starting at $55K; Motor Vehicle Operators WG 8 (Term and Permanent) salary starting at $52K; Office Automation Assistant GS 5 (Term) salary starting at $38K; Production Controller GS 09 (Term) salary starting at $57K; Railroad Maintenance Vehicle Operator WG 7 (Term) salary starting at $49K; Safety and Occupational Health; Specialist GS 11/12 (Permanent) salary starting at $70K Security; Assistant GS 5 (Term) salary starting at $38K; Storage Specialist GS 9 (Term) salary starting at $57K
Supply Systems Analyst GS 11 (Term and Permanent) salary starting at $70K; Supply Technicians GS 5-7 (Term) salary starting at $38K; Traffic Management Specialist GS 9 (Term) salary starting at $57K; Utilities System Repairer Operator WG 10 (Permanent) salary starting at $58K.
Benefits of being an Army civilian
Pay, benefits and total compensation
While most people focus on how much a job pays, it is important to look at total compensation.
- Competitive salaries; some highly competitive jobs such as mechanics, provide higher pay rates.
- You will enjoy federal benefits which include a choice of generous health plans, a match in the Thrift Savings Plan (401(k)), a pension, and life insurance.
- Incentives and awards — In addition to salary, Department of Army may offer monetary recruitment incentives and performance awards.
- Commuter benefits — Sierra Army Depot offers a mass transit program that departs from most surrounding communities
- Health insurance — The Federal Employee Health Benefits Program offers health insurance for you, your spouse and your children under the age of 26. There are many different health plan choices, so you can find a plan that works best for you and your family. You may also be eligible for dental, vision, flexible spending accounts and long-term care insurance.
The Department of Army Family goes beyond the employees that work at its locations – it includes spouses, children, parents, and other loved ones that support or depend on our employees. Deptartment of Army recognizes the importance of balancing the requirements of their positions with the needs of its employees and their families.
- You will benefit from employment policies that promote work-life balance, such as generous leave programs, including up to 12 weeks of Paid Parental Leave for new parents with as little as 1 year of service.
- Sierra Army Depot offers on-site child-care services.
- There are opportunities for travel and overseas employment.
- With the exception of fire and police, leave employees work a 4/10 workweek
- Federal employees accrue both annual and sick leave, which is accumulated through years of service.
- As a new employee, you will earn 2 1⁄2 weeks of annual leave (vacation/personal days) and 2 1⁄2 weeks of sick leave during the first year.
- Federal employees enjoy 11 paid federal holidays every year.
- Thrift Savings Plan. The TSP is a tax-deferred retirement savings and investment plan that offers Federal employees the same type of savings and tax benefits that many private corporations offer their employees under 401(k) plans. By participating in the TSP, employees may save part of their income for retirement, receive matching agency contributions of up to 5 percent, and reduce their current taxes.
For questions or more information, call (530) 827-4241 or email [email protected]