The Bureau of Land Management invites the public to comment on proposals it has submitted to the California State Parks, Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation Division for the 2021 grant cycle. The proposals will be available for review and comment from March 2 to May 3, 2021.
“Dedicated BLM staff throughout California have developed and submitted roughly 30 proposals covering off-highway vehicle rules enforcement, operation and maintenance, restoration work and other activities,” said Jane Arteaga, BLM California’s OHV and Travel Management Lead. “Public input is extremely important and will inform and improve our project proposals so we can better serve our OHV enthusiasts.”
Proposals are funded through the Grants and Cooperative Agreements Program sponsored by the State of California that provides financial assistance to cities, counties, districts, federal and state agencies, educational institutions, federally recognized tribes and nonprofit entities.
Proposals will be available no later than March 2 and public comments can be submitted directly to the division between March 2 and May 3, 2021 (late comments are not accepted):
For additional information visit the division’s website for Public Review and Comment Instructions available at: olga.ohv.parks.ca.gov/egrams_ohmvr/user/home.aspx with additional information at: ohv.parks.ca.gov/.
Participating BLM field office OHV grant leads are available to answer questions on grant proposals and can also accept public comments, see the following contacts:
- Arcata Field Office: Casey Hague, [email protected]
- Bakersfield Field Office: Brie Chartier, [email protected]
- Bishop Field Office: Jeffrey Starosta, [email protected]
- Barstow Field Office: David Kotlarski, [email protected]
- Central Coast Field Office: Adam Wilde, [email protected]
- Eagle Lake Field Office: Marisa Williams, [email protected]
- El Centro Field Office: Neil Hamada, [email protected] Roan, [email protected]
- Palm Spring-South Coast Field Office: Daniel Kasang, [email protected]
- Redding Field Office: Sky Zaffarano, [email protected]
- Ridgecrest Field Office: Katrina Meyer, [email protected]
- Ukiah Field Office: Ukiah OHV grants email, [email protected]