The California Department of Transportation and Central Striping Services, Inc. are preparing to begin work on the 21/22 Markers Job Project. The $395,000 project will place recessed pavement markers at the following locations:
- U.S. 395 in Lassen County: Between Termo Grasshopper Road and Ash Valley Road near Madeline.
- State Route 139 in Modoc County: Between the junction with State Route 299 near Canby and Loveness Road.
- State Route 44 in Shasta County: Between Brokeoff Meadows Road in Viola and Mineral Road.
- State Route 44 in Shasta County: Between Bridge Creek Road to approximately 5 miles east of Old Station.
- State Route 299 in Shasta County: Between Mc Candless Road and Buzzard Roost Road, west of Round Mountain.
- State Route 299 in Shasta County: Between Montgomery Creek Falls Road near Montgomery Creek and Hatchet Mountain Summit.
- State Route 89 in Siskiyou County: Between Pilgrim Creek Road near McCloud and South Mount Shasta Boulevard.
- State Route 299 in Trinity County: Between Industrial Parkway in Weaverville to just east of Trinity Dam Boulevard.
Construction activities are currently planned to start on July 25. Motorists will encounter one-way traffic control with up to 15-minute delays, Monday through Friday during daytime hours. Motorists are urged to slow down and drive carefully in and around construction areas, follow speed limit reductions in place, and allot extra time for delays. The project is currently anticipated to be completed by mid-September.
Construction projects are subject to changes without prior notice. Caltrans and its contractors do our best to keep the public informed. To stay up to date on highway projects, please follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Project information can also be found on the District 2 webpage. The public can also call (530) 225-3426 during working hours or send an email to [email protected]. Updated highway conditions for California can be found on QuickMap and on One-Stop-Shop for the Western U.S.