The Clean California Local Grant Program, administered by the California Department of Transportation, will provide approximately $296 million as part of a two-year program to beautify and improve streets and roads, tribal lands, parks, pathways and transit centers to restore pride in public spaces. Applicants must be local or regional public agencies, transit agencies, or tribal governments. Nonprofit organizations may be sub-applicants.
Grant applications are due by February 1, 2022. Awardees will be announced in March 2022.
Caltrans will develop project selection criteria that will incorporate:
• Community need;
• Benefit to underserved communities;
• Potential for greening to provide shade, reduce the urban heat island effect, and use native drought-tolerant plants;
• Potential to improve access to public space;
• Public engagement in the project proposal that reflects community priorities;
• Potential to enhance and beautify public space; and
• These funds shall not be used to displace people experiencing homelessness.
If you have any questions about the Clean California Local Grant program email CleanCA.LocalGrant@dot.ca.gov.
Direct additional questions regarding Caltrans District 2 Clean California events and programs to Samantha O’Reilly, Clean California Public Information Officer. She can be reached at 768-3037, for email send to firstname.lastname@example.org.