College seeks board applicants
NOTICE AND REQUEST FOR APPLICANTS FOR THE PROVISIONAL
APPOINTMENT TO THE LASSEN COMMUNITY COLLEGE
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Due to the vacancy of one (1) member of the Lassen Community College Board of Trustees, the Board voted at its March 18, 2021 Special meeting to call for a provisional appointment to fill the vacated seat. The vacancy exists in the following Trustee Area:
Trustee Area 1
- Susanville Elementary School District
Community members wishing to be considered for a provisional appointment must:
- Be a registered voter within the Susanville Elementary School District.
- Be a resident within the Susanville Elementary School District.
- Be knowledgeable about the communities served by the college and be
willing to act on behalf and for the benefit of those communities.
- Be committed to community colleges and their missions; understand
educational, social and economic policy issues.
- Contribute to effective board functioning and support the authority of the
Board as a whole.
- Submit a Letter of Interest, completed Application Form, Resume detailing
community service and leadership qualities, and a completed Questionnaire responding to the following questions:
(1) Please describe your understanding of the role of a California Community College District Trustee and explain why you are interested in serving as a Trustee for Lassen Community College District.
(2) Briefly share your public service activities, and other involvement in the community, and how this service qualifies you for service as a member of the Lassen Community College District Board of Trustees.
(3) What is your understanding of the primary responsibilities of the Board? What do you understand your role in College governance to be as one member of the Board?
(4) What do you see as the major educational issues facing California community colleges, Lassen College and residents of Trustee Area 1 in particular in the next 3-5 years?
(5) What is the current status of Lassen Community College’s Accreditation and how will its success or failure impact the College’s mission?
(6) How would you ensure that all constituent groups – internal and external – have a voice in the governance of Lassen Community College District?
Copies of the Application Form and Questionnaire may be obtained by contacting Julie Johnston at the Office of the Superintendent/President, Lassen Community College, 478-200 Highway 139, P.O. Box 3000, Susanville, CA 96130. [email protected], (530) 251-8820; or by accessing the “Provisional Appointment Trustee Area 1” news tab on the front page of the website at www.lassencollege.edu.
Completed Applications must be submitted to the Office of the President no later than Noon on Wednesday, March 31, 2021. Applicants must be in attendance at the Special Meeting of the Lassen Community College Board of Trustees scheduled for Thursday, April 8, 2021 for interview.
The Lassen Community College Board of Trustees will review applications from candidates meeting the above qualifications and the Board may fill the vacancy at the April 8, 2021 meeting of the Board. Unless a Petition calling for a Special Election containing a sufficient number of signatures is filed in the Lassen County Office of Education within thirty (30) days following a provisional appointment, the appointment shall become effective. The appointee shall hold office until the next regularly scheduled board member election, which will be in November 2022.