The city of Susanville announced the opening of the Diamond Mountain Golf Course on its Facebook page Friday, May 15.
In order to protect the health of those using the course during the COVID-19 pandemic, the city has imposed the following strategies:
- The driving range will be open to public with social distancing applied.
- All range balls shall be
disinfected prior to returning to the range ball hopper.
- Rental golf carts shall be disinfected prior to assigning out to another golfer(s).
- The flagsticks will not be removed.
- Devices will be installed to prevent the ball from falling all the way in the hole or from
entering the hole all together (raised cups).
- Bunker rakes, sand buckets/bottles and ball washers will be removed or rendered inoperable unless hand sanitizer is made available at each hole.
- All dining or picnic tables, benches and chairs will be removed to avoid congregating.
- The course will limit the number of customers allowed in the facilities, including restrooms, pro shops
and restaurants; purchases may be ordered for pickup.
- Staff will sanitize facilities after each interaction.
- A golf marshal will ensure proper social distancing and no congregating or groups larger
- Tee times will be expanded to allow additional time in between tee times. This will result in increased spacing between golfing groups and players.
On its Facebook page, the city also announced the following rules will be posted for all golfers:
- Golfers will maintain 6 feet or more space in between each other.
- No more than two people will be allowed in an electric cart.
- No high fives, handshakes or hugs will be permitted.
- Everyone must keep their own scorecards or a single person will be responsible for all scoring (no passing scorecards).
- There will be no sharing clubs or other golf equipment.
For more information, call the Diamond Mountain Golf Course at 257-2520 or the city of Susanville at 252-5100.