Electrical overload causes house fire on North Street

SFD arrived on the scene to find heavy smoke showing from the rear vents of a single-story house. Firefighters acted quickly to control the progress and extinguish the fire. The fire damage was contained to the attic and the breaker panel box on the front of the house. The interior of the house sustained water damage caused by suppression efforts.

The fire’s cause was an overloaded electrical system.

The Susanville Fire Department thanks CalFire, the Lake Forest Fire Department, rthe Susanville Police Department, Susanville Public Works and LMUD for their quick response and assistance with the incident.