According to a statement from the Susanville Fire Department, it responded to a structure fire on Cypress Avenue in Susanville about 4 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 11. Due to automatic and mutual aid agreements, firefighters from CalFire and the CCC Fire Department also responded to the blaze at 804 Cypress Avenue.
When firefighters arrived, the discovered a detached garage and a motor home fully involved and threatening two adjacent homes. Fire crews made an aggressive fire attack and contained the fire to the garage and motor home, both of which were a total loss. The two adjacent homes sustained minor heat and smoke damage. The human-caused fire started in the garage.
In addition to CalFire and the CCC Fire Department, the Susanville River Fire Protection District, the Susanville Police Department, SEMSA, the Susanville Natural Gas Department and the Lassen Municipal Utility District responded to the incident.