Lassen County evacuation orders, warnings remain in place
Lassen County evacuations orders and warnings remain in place as of 11 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 19. Yesterday, there was some consideration to re-populate Westwood, however, due to increased activity near Hamilton Mountain, those plans were delayed. During yesterday evening’s West Zone update, Lassen County Sheriff Dean Growdon said teams were constantly evaluating possible evacuation order reductions.
As of Thursday morning, the Dixie Fire has burned 678,369 acres and is 35 percent contained.
The emergency alert zone map can be accessed at: community.zonehaven.com
For information on updated road closures, call (800)427-7623.
Mandatory Evacuation Orders have been issued for:
- South of Hwy 36 from Devil’s Corral east to Britt Ln and Thumper Hill and south to Cheney Creek Rd
- Bizz Johnson Trail area south of Hwy 36 from Thumper Hill east to Miller Crossing and south to Bauer Rd
- Janesville and Milford west of Hwy 395 from the Bass Hill area south to County Rd A26/Garnier Rd
- Janesville and Milford east of Hwy 395 from A3/Standish Buntingville Rd south to the Flux Rd intersection
- Susan River Canyon/Cheney Creek area south of Hwy 36 from Willard Hill east to Korver Rd and south to the intersection of Cheney Cr. Rd and Gold Run Rd.
- Clear Creek, Westwood, and Pine Town area south of Hwy 36 from the Lassen County line east to the Willard Hill area
- North of Hwy 36 from the Lassen County Line east to Coppervale.
- The area south of Hwy 44 from the Lassen County line east to McCoy Flat including Silver Lake, Juniper Lake, and the Caribou Wilderness Area
Evacuation Warnings have been issued for:
- Lake Forest Estates and Eagle Lake Road A1 from Hwy 36 north to the County Access gate and east to Prattville Rd and north to Paiute Creek.
- The area west of Richmond Rd and south of Hwy 36 from Thumper Hill east to S Weatherlow St and south to Gold Run Rd
- Diamond Mountain area from Forest Service Rd 29NO2 south to the Lassen County line
- West of Richmond Rd from Gold Run Rd south to Childrens Rd but not including roads immediately adjacent to the Golf Course
- East of Hwy 395 from Flux Rd south to the Herlong Access Rd A25
- Area south of Hwy 44, north of Hwy 36, west to Hog Flat Reservoir
- County Road A21 is closed between Hwy 44 and Hwy 36
- Hwy 36 is closed west of the intersection of Hwy 44 and 36
- Hwy 395 from A3 to varying points south as fire conditions change throughout the day