Lassen County’s Health and Human Services Department announces a new senior nutrition pilot program.
The Dine Around Town Senior Nutrition Program is a direct nutrition service of PSA 2 Area Agency on Aging (in partnership with Lumberjack’s Restaurant in Susanville).
This innovative alternative model to a senior congregate meal site provides Dine Around Town Senior Nutrition Program participants with vouchers which can be redeemed for healthy, nutritionally balanced meals at Lumberjack Restaurant in Susanville.
The new Dine Around Town Senior Nutrition Program launches Monday, Nov. 28. This program is offered to Lassen County residents aged 60 years and over. Participants may choose from a variety of menu options for breakfast, lunch or dinner between 7 a.m. and 9 p.m.
Benefits to DAT Senior Nutrition Program participants
- Access to nutritious meal choices;
- Increased socialization;
- Decrease in food insecurity;
- Improves the lives of the community’s older adults.
- Aged 60 and over;
- Reside in Lassen County;
- Complete required registration and assessment process;
- It is the responsibility of the program participant to provide their own transportation.
Looking for home delivered meals?
- Program is currently being developed, however, is not finalized;
- Do you have a family member, friend or neighbor who can pick up meals?
- Complete the required registration and join the waiting list.
Need a ride?
Contact Lassen Rural Bus at 252-7433 for more information. Transportation costs are not included with the DAT Senior Nutrition Program at this time.
To register for the DAT Senior Nutrition Program, call PSA 2 Area Agency on Aging at (530) 842-1687.