The Lassen County Public Health Officer, Kenneth G. Korver, M.D., recently issued an isolation order for individuals who have been diagnosed with, or are likely to have COVID-19.
As of 7:52 a.m. Thursday, April 9, there were still no known cases in Lassen County, according to lassencares.org.
All individuals who have been diagnosed with or are likely to have COVID-19 must immediately take the following actions:
Isolate themselves in their home or another residence until:
(a) at least three days (72 hours) have passed since recovery, defined as resolution of fever without use of fever-reducing medications and improvement of respiratory symptoms (e.g., cough, shortness of breath). AND
(b) at least seven days since symptoms first appeared. Until this time, they may not leave their place of isolation or enter any other public or private place, except to receive necessary medical care.
Self-Isolation is immediately required if a person meets one or more of the following factors:
- A positive lab test for COVID-19.
- Signs and symptoms that are consistent with COVID-19 (i.e., fever, cough, shortness of breath or trouble breathing).
- A physician has informed the individual that they are likely to have COVID-19.
These persons are required to self-isolate because a person infected with or likely to have COVID-19 can easily spread the virus to others. Isolation separates these ill individuals from others to prevent the spread of COVID-19. It protects everyone, including people who are high risk for serious illness, such as older adults and people with weakened immune systems.
Isolated individuals must isolate themselves in a residence and follow all directions in this order until they are no longer at risk for spreading COVID-19 based upon the following criteria:
- At least three days (72 hours) have passed since recovery, defined as resolution of both fever without the use of fever-reducing medications and improvement of cough, shortness of breath and other symptoms AND
- At least seven days have passed since symptoms first appeared.
- Negative COVID-19 test.