The Lassen County Public Health Department reports an individual who had previously tested positive in their home county has traveled to Lassen County to visit family, according to a statement from the Lassen COVID-19 Incident Command. This person traveled with family members. The family was immediately placed on quarantine and tested locally. Three members of the family have tested positive.
All family members and contacts are quarantined at this time. They are not residents of Lassen County, and even though they have been tested here, their cases will not count towards Lassen County’s case numbers when reporting to the state.
“Lassen County Public Health’s main focus is the safety of our community,” according to the statement. “While we are being extra cautious, every person has a role to play. It is critical every person follow the Public Health Officer’s guidance.”
• Avoid other groups.
• Enjoy activities individually or in small household groups.
• Exercise and recreate close to home.
• Minimize contact with others.
• Use good personal protective measures.
• Wash your hands and use hand sanitizer often.
• Maintain physical distancing of six feet.
• Cover mouths with an elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze.
For more information and updates, visit lassencares.org and the LassenCares Facebook page.
If you have any questions regarding COVID-19, call the Lassen County COVID-19 call center at 251-8100 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.