Due to unstable weather patterns moving into the region this afternoon and into late evening, The Lassen County Sheriff’s Office is asking the public to remain alert and watch for new or changing fire conditions. Go to readyforwildfire.com for information about how to prepare your loved ones, animals, and property for an evacuation. In these extreme conditions, every citizen should be prepared.
For a complete summary of evacuation area status, see the information below.
Go to the following link for the emergency alert zone map and type in your address to determine the status of your location: community.zonehaven.com
Mandatory Evacuation Orders remain in place for:
- Clear Creek, Westwood, and Pine Town area south of Hwy 36 from the Lassen County line east to Moonlight Ranch Rd.
- Lassen National Forest south of Hwy 36 to the Lassen County line including Hamilton Mtn., Coyote Peak, and Indicator Peak.
- Walker Lake area south of Moonlight Rd.
- Area east of Mtn. Meadows Reservoir and south of Hwy 36 to Coppervale.
- South of Hwy. 44 from the County line east to McCoy Flat and south to Hwy 36 including Silver Lake, Juniper Lake, and the Caribou Wilderness Area.
- North of Hwy. 36 east of A21.
Evacuation Warnings remain in place for:
- Janesville area west of Hwy 395 from Bass Hill to Janesville Grade west to the Lassen County line including the area south of Bass Hill and the dirt portion of Wingfield Rd on the Janesville Side.
- Area south of Hwy 44, north of Hwy 36, west to Hog Flat Reservoir.
People who shelter in place in areas under mandatory evacuation order must stay on their property. People roaming outside their property will be arrested.
· County Road A21 is closed to southbound traffic from Hwy 44
· Hwy 36 is closed west of the intersection of Hwy 44 and 36