LCC shelter re-opens for those affected by Plumas County mandatory evacuation orders
Due to the ongoing mandatory evacuation orders in Plumas County, Lassen County Health and Social Services has re-opened the shelter at Lassen Community College located at 478-200 Highway 139 in Susanville beginning today, at 3 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 3.
Those affected by the fire can also call the Emergency Shelter line at (530) 250-9004. Anyone arriving at the shelter should bring their medication and medical equipment (walkers, breathing machines, etc.), clothing for multiple days, and important papers such as insurance cards. Keep in mind all weapons, drugs, alcohol and personal bedding/pillows are not permitted at the shelter.
- Lassen County Health and Social Services Administration Danielle Sanchez, Assistant Director – [email protected] (530) 251-8128
- Lassen County Community Social Services Administration Jenna Aguilera, Director – [email protected]
Animals needing shelter can be housed at the Lassen County Fairgrounds. Liability, feed, security, and care of animals housed at the Fairgrounds are the sole responsibility of the animal’s owner. Check-in will be available at the Fair Office during normal business hours. If you have any questions about animal sheltering, please contact Fair Manager, Kaitlyn Downing at (530) 588-8627. More information will be released as it becomes available.
The Public Health Department would like to remind the public of the following simple steps which can reduce or prevent the spread of any respiratory illness, including COVID-19:
- Wash your hands with liquid soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or if you donot have soap you can use alcohol-based sanitizer of at least 60% alcohol;
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve when coughing orsneezing, do not use your hands;
- Stay home if you are feeling sick;
- Practice social distancing recommendations, such as reducing your interactionswith large groups or crowds and avoid engaging in public activities
If you or someone you care for is exhibiting symptoms, please contact Lassen County Public Health (530) 251-8183.