MITIGATED NEGATIVE DECLARATION FOR CLEAR CREEK COMMUNITY SERVICES DISTRICT WATER SYSTEM IMPROVEMENT PROJECT SRF# 1800512-001C
AGENCY: Clear Creek Community Services District
ACTION: Notice of Intent to Adopt Mitigated Negative Declaration
SUMMARY: The Clear Creek Community Services District (CCCSD) has prepared this Initial Study/ Mitigated Negative Declaration (IS/MND) to provide the public, responsible agencies, and trustee agencies with information about the potential environmental effects of construction and operation of the proposed Clear Creek Community Services District, Water System Improvement Project (Proposed Project). This document was prepared in accordance with the requirements of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) of 1970 (as amended) and the CEQA Guidelines (14 California Code of Regulations [CCR] § 15000 et seq.).
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: The project would upgrade the CCCSD water supply system to provide adequate fire flow, hydrant spacing and alleviate distribution- system water quality problems. In order to achieve these objectives, the District is proposing the following:
- Rehabilitation of the existing spring house.
- Rehabilitation and replacement of the supply pipe.
- Construction of a new pump station.
- Construction of a new 390,000-gallon storage tank.
- Construction of approximately 3,000 feet of 12-inch water main, 35 fire hydrants and 166 new meters.
PROJECT LOCATION: The Proposed Project is located in the community of Clear Creek, CA in unincorporated eastern Lassen County. The community is about 2.5 miles west of the town of Westwood, between Lake Almanor and Mountain Meadows Reservoir. Project facilities would be constructed in areas of Clear Creek Community Park, along roadways in the Clear Creek community and along SR 147 east of Clear Creek.
PROJECT REVIEW INFORMATION:
1. The IS/MND document is available for review and comment,
2. The document can be viewed in person at the Clear Creek Community Services District office at 462- 895 Clear Creek Drive, Westwood, CA 96137 or on the District website at clearcreekcsd.specialdistrict.org
3. To provide input on this project, please send comments to the following contact: Clear Creek Community Services District P.O. Box 833 Westwood, CA 96123
Attn: Nicki Moroney, General Manager (530) 256-3096 [email protected]
June 2, 2021 through July 2, 2021.
July 2, 2021.
All comments must be received before 5:00 p.m. on July 2, 2021.