NOTICE AND REQUEST FOR APPLICANTS FOR PROVISIONAL APPOINTMENTS TO THE LASSEN COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
Due to the resignation of two members of the Lassen County Board of Education, the Board voted at its August 11, 2021, regular meeting to call for a provisional appointment to fill the vacated seats. The vacancies exist in the following Trustee Areas:
Trustee Area 2
- Westwood Unified School District
Trustee Area 5
- Janesville Union School District
- Johnstonville Elementary School District
- Richmond Elementary School District
Community members wishing to be considered for a provisional appointment must:
- Be a resident of the school district listed above.
- Complete a questionnaire, which may be obtained by contacting Stacy Russell at the Lassen County Office of Education, 472-013 Johnstonville Road, N., Susanville, California, 96130, (530) 257-2197, [email protected] Completed questionnaires must be submitted to the Lassen County Office of Education no later than 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, September 2, 2021. Applicants are requested to be in attendance at the regular meeting of the Lassen County Board of Education scheduled for Wednesday, September 8, 2021, 4:00 p.m., at the Lassen County Office of Education.
Applications from candidates meeting the above qualifications will be reviewed by the Lassen County Board of Education, and the Board may fill the vacancy at the September 8, 2021, meeting of the Board. Unless a petition calling for a special election, containing a sufficient number of signatures, is filed in the Lassen County Office of Education within 30 days following a provisional appointment, the appointment shall become effective. The appointee shall hold office until the next regularly-scheduled board member election, which will be in November 2022.