The Lassen County Sheriff’s Office shared a list of resources available for victims of the Laura 2 fire, which burned 19 homes and 30 outbuildings in Doyle Tuesday, Nov. 17.
▪ Lassen County’s Grants and Loans Division, located at 1445 Paul Bunyan Road in Susanville, has financial assistance for income eligible families or individuals to help with rent, deposits, and other move-in expenses. Additionally, we can provide information about local housing, landlords and property managers to anyone. For information on the income requirements for the financial assistance, information on how to access assistance, or general housing information, call (530) 251-8309, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
▪ Lassen County’s Lassen WORKs, located at 1616 Chestnut Street in Susanville, has assistance programs, housing programs, diversion services, and special needs payments for income eligible families or individuals. For information on the requirements for the financial assistance and information on how to access assistance, call (530) 251-8152, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
▪ Fort Sage Family Resource Center, located at 170 David S. Hall Avenue in Herlong, has food and clothing available, if you are in need. Call (530) 827-3007, if you have any questions.
▪ Salvation Army, located at 1560 Main Street in Susanville, is offering emergency food and Christmas food and gifts. We encourage families to call the office to sign up for Christmas assistance as they would like to provide food and gifts for the entire family, including adults. Residents with needs beyond the above are encouraged to contact the office. Salvation Army can be reached at (530) 257-0314.
▪ American Red Cross has disaster assistance available for families or individuals. Please apply over the phone by calling 1-800-RED-CROSS (1-800-733-27677) and select option 4 for assistance. You will be directed through the application process over the phone.
▪ HOPE – Helping Other People Eat Food Pantry located at Susanville United Methodist Church, 635 South Cottage Street in Susanville, offers food distribution every Friday from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. If you need food before Friday or have questions, call (530) 249-5839.
▪ Crossroads Ministries located at 2410 Main Street in Susanville, offers food boxes, grab and go breakfast and lunch, and a variety of other services. For questions about services, up-to-date hours, and food distribution, call (530) 251-0701.
▪ Lassen Family Services’ Clothing Closet is available by appointment only, call (530) 257-4599.