Engine 621 from the Susanville Fire Department responded to 130 Hall St. on a report of smoke coming from the roof about 1:42 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 3.
Upon arrival, E621 reported smoke coming from both attic vents on the front and rear of the house. E621 was notified that all occupants were out of the building. E621 made access inside the home and confirmed the fire was contained within the attic.
Fire crews placed ladders on the exterior of the building and made access to the attic through the vents. Extinguishment was made difficult due to many void spaces throughout the attic.
Fire crews eventually needed to open up access holes from the inside of the house to obtain complete extinguishment.
The fire was determined to be electrical in nature. Two occupants and 1 cat were displaced due to the fire. There were no firefighter or civilian injuries. The Susanville Fire Department was supported by CalFire, the Susanville Police Department, the city of Susanville Natural Gas and the Lassen Municipal Utility District.