Stones-Bengard Community Services District
ORDINANCE NO. 22-01
FOR COLLECTION PROCEDURES FOR DELINQUENT SERVICE FEES
The Board of Directors of the Stones Bengard Community Service District, Lassen County, California, hereinafter referred to as the District, do ordain as follows:
WHEREAS, the District imposes user fees and charges (fees) upon persons utilizing District facilities;
WHEREAS, said fees are due and payable for each quarter;
WHEREAS, the District incurs additional expenses with respect to the billing and collection of delinquent fees;
WHEREAS, it is the best interest of the District that it employs procedures that govern the collection of fees which have become delinquent;
WHEREAS, the District has determined that the following procedure is to be employed by the Stones Bengard Community Service District personnel in the collection of delinquent fees;
NOW, THEREFORE, IT IS HEREBY RESOLVED that the District (the Board of Directors of the SBCSD) hereby adopts the following procedure with respect to the collection of delinquent fees in accordance to Health and Safety Code 6520:
- Annual Service Bills will be sent at the beginning of the fiscal year, which begins on July 1.
- Fees are due either in full or quarterly by the following deadlines. The payable quarters and deadlines are as follows:
1st quarter: July 1-September 30, Deadline August 15
2nd quarter: October 1-December 31, Deadline November 15.
3rd quarter: January 1-March 31, Deadline February 15.
4th quarter: April 1-June 31, Deadline May 15.
- If the bill is not paid 15 days after the payment is due, a delinquency letter is sent.
- If the bill is not paid 30 days after the delinquency letter was sent, a Serve Notice of Disconnect with a fee of $15 is sent.
- 15 days after the Serve Notice of Disconnect, a Public Notice of Disconnect will be filed at an additional fee, subject to the cost of filing the public notice.
- 5 days after the Public Hearing and by the District’s direction, the line will be disconnected with a fee of $400 per disconnection and the amount due will be turned over to Lassen County to be placed on the tax roll for the property owner of the parcel.
- Properties which have been disconnected, shall be subject to reconnection only upon payment of all past and current fees.
Ordinance 20-01 adopted by the District on July 13, 2020, is hereby repealed effective June 30, 2022.
This Ordinance, 22-01, shall take effect on July 1, 2022, and as provided in the Health and Safety Code 6490 of the State of California.
The Secretary of the District shall cause this Ordinance 22-01 to be published in the Lassen County Times website, and posted on the Lassen County information board, within 15 days after the adoption of this ordinance, as provided in CA Government Code 25124.
The foregoing Ordinance was duly and regularly passed and adopted by the Board of Directors of the Stones Bengard Community Service District at the regular monthly meeting of said Board held on July 11, 2022.
Ayes: Tonya Peddicord, Linda Attaway, Bob Larivee, Wyvonna Gier.
Board Vacancy: 0
Signed: Cheryl McCormack, Board President
Attest: Robbin Martin, Secretary