The Walmart grand re-opening showcased $4,500 in grants given from the corporation’s foundation to many local organizations.
The Susanville Fire Department was gifted a $1,000 grant from Wal-Mart Foundation’s Community Grant program at the store’s grand re-opening event, Friday April 19.
The department accepted the grant due to its need to purchase public education supplies, prevention supplies and safety handout brochures.
The city, in its resolution brought before the council at its April 17 meeting, acknowledged that the prevention and education supplies and safety handout brochures are valuable resources to the community.
Part of the package requires a letter of approval from the mayor, Kevin Stafford. The grant was to be submitted upon the receipt of the document.
The local Veterans of Foreign Wars, Susanville Police Department and Camp Ronald McDonald House were also given $1,000 grants from the foundation. The Lassen Library was given $500 from the foundation.
Most of the Walmart staff were present at the ribbon cutting where they cheered on the new upgrades of the store with its new manager Chris Lau.
A press release from the store, shares the new developments.
Customers will enjoy the following store improvements:
- State-of-the-art electronics department with interactive displays that allow customers to try laptops, tablets, mobile phones and more before purchase.
- Enhanced home and apparel departments with a new layout.
- Enhanced baby department with strollers at floor level and easier access to everyday essentials like diapers and formula.
- Upgraded pharmacy with private consultation room and additional service lanes.
- A refurbished Walmart MoneyCenter.
- Pickup Today has been refreshed.
“We are all excited to share the new store improvements with the Susanville community, and I am grateful for the work the Susanville store associates put into make this remodel come to life,” said Store Manager Chris Lau. “Walmart continues to invest in making our customers’ trips to Walmart easier and enjoyable. These improvements are sure to improve the way Susanville shops.”