The Northeastern California Connect Broadband Consortia and Upstate California Connect Broadband Consortia (representing Lassen, Butte, Tehama, Shasta, Modoc, Plumas and Siskiyou, Glenn, Lake and Colusa counties) are working to help build awareness about the Affordable Connectivity Program, a Federal Communications Commission program. ACP helps ensure that households can afford the broadband they need for work, school, healthcare and more.
The Affordable Connectivity Program provides a discount of up to a $30 per month toward broadband service for eligible households and up to $75 per month for qualifying households on qualifying tribal lands. The benefit also provides up to a $100 per household discount toward a one-time purchase of a computer, laptop, or tablet if the household contributes more than $10 and less than $50 toward the purchase through a participating broadband provider.
A household is eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program if the household income is at or below 200 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, or if a member of the household meets at least one of the criteria below:
- Received a federal Pell Grant during the current award year..
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income internet program.
Participates in one of these assistance programs
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, including at U.S. Department of Agriculture Community Eligibility Provision schools.
- Housing Choice Voucher Program (Section 8 Vouchers).
- Project-Based Rental Assistance 202/811.
- Public Housing.
- Supplemental Security Income.
- Veterans Pension or Survivor Benefits or Lifeline.
Participates in one of the following programs & lives on qualifying tribal lands
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance.
- Tribal TANF.
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations.
- Tribal Head Start (income based).
- Affordable Housing Programs for American Indians, Alaska Natives or Native Hawaiians.
Eligible households can enroll by going to apply today – Internet for All Now (internetforallnow.org/applytoday) to submit an online application or print a mail-in application, or by contacting their preferred participating provider and selecting a plan.
For general information about how to apply, contact Sabrina Oregel, Outreach Coordinator for the Northeastern and Upstate California Connect Broadband Consortia at email@example.com.
The Northeastern California Connect Broadband Consortia and Upstate California Connect Broadband Consortia \are programs of the California Public Utilities Commission, managed by the North State Planning and Development Collective at California State University, Chico www.nspdc.csuchico.edu.