Electrical fire ignites at Burger King

The Susanville Fire Department reports it responded to a commercial structure fire at Burger King on Main Street about 10:51 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 19.

According to a statement from the SFD, the first due engine company reported smoke coming from the building. The fire was located in the kitchen and firefighters thought it was an electrical fire, which prompted the engine crew to make access to the kitchen area and cut power to the building from the main electrical breaker.

Firefighters located the fire in the kitchen, isolated to the bottom portion of the main fryer, where the electrical components were located. The engine crew utilized a commercial kitchen extinguisher to put out the main fire to gain access to the electrical compartments, where the seat of the fire was located. Once the compartment doors were opened, the remaining fire was quickly extinguished.

The fire crews worked to remove smoke from the building and once the scene was determined to be safe it was turned over the business management.

The Susanville Fire Department thanks CalFire and the Susanville Public Works Department for assistance with the incident.