Water Maintenance/Distribution Operator
Monthly Salary $1,500- $2,100 contingent on experience
(12-15 flexible hours a week) Part-time non-benefited position
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Is responsible for the maintenance of water service from the source to private users. This includes the spring enclosure, pumps, tanks, lines; community owned shut-off valves and their enclosures.
- Perform operation duties of water department through coordination of CCCSD General Manager and/or Board of Directors.
- Maintain current map of all properties, water lines and shut off valves in CCCSD.
- Monitor community on a regular basis to ensure compliance with CCCSD Rates, Rules and Regulations. Coordinate enforcement with CCCSD Manager and/or Board of Directors.
- Attend all regular meetings of CCCSD Board of Directors and report on all significant information concerning the water department.
- Be responsible for the security of all water department equipment.
- Responsible for snow equipment installations and snow removal around hydrants.
- Monitor water pumps during fires to maintain adequate water pressure and water supply.
- Subject to 24-hour on-call status.
- Ability to lift equipment necessary to perform the job.
- Coordinate purchases of equipment with the Board of Directors and General Manager.
- Obtain bids and price lists when planning to purchase equipment.
- Authorize non-emergency expenditures up to a limit; contact the General Manager for cost exceeding the limit.
- Would prefer applicant live with 10 miles of the district.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid California driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Grade D1 Water Distribution Operator certificate or obtain certificate within 12 months after employment.
To Apply: Applications and a detailed job description can be obtained at the Clear Creek Community Services District office located at 462-895 Clear Creek Drive, Clear Creek CA 96137. Any questions can be directed to Nicki Moroney via email at: email@example.com or by phone (530) 256-3096.