Portola Reporter Public Notices for the week of 4/10/19


        Case Number CV19-00046


Hanlon; Martha J. Bellos; Donna Pool; the

testate and intestate successors of Gwendolyn

P. Hanlon, aka Gwendolyn L. Hanlon,

deceased, Robert W. Smith, deceased,

Jean E. Smith, deceased, Richard A. Matthews,

deceased, and Mary J. Matthews,

deceased, and all persons claiming by,

through, or under such decedents; all persons

unknown, claiming any legal equitable

right, title, estate, lien, or interest in the

Property adverse to Plaintiff’s title, or any

cloud on Plaintiff’s title to the Property; and

DOES 1 through 100, inclusive


Thomas G. Van Kol

NOTICE! You have been sued.

The court may decide against you without

your being heard unless you respond within

30 days. Read the information below.

(¡AVISO! Lo han demandado. Si no responde dentro de 30 días, la corte puede decidir en su contra sin escuchar su versión. Lea la información a continuación).

You have 30 CALENDAR DAYS after this

summons and legal papers are served on

you to file a written response at this court

and have a copy served on the plaintiff. A

letter or phone call will not protect you. Your

written response must be in proper legal

form if you want the court to hear your

case. There may be a court form that you

can use for your response. You can find

these court forms and more information at

the California Courts Online Self-Help Center (www.courtinfo.ca.gov/selfhelp), your county law library, or the courthouse nearest you. If you cannot pay the filing fee, ask the court clerk for a fee waiver form. If you do not file your response on time, you may lose the case by default, and your wages, money, and property may be taken without further warning from the court. There are other legal requirements. You may want to call an attorney right away. If you do not know an attorney, you may want to call an attorney referral service. If you cannot afford an attorney, you may be eligible for free legal services from a nonprofit legal services program. You can locate these nonprofit groups at the California Legal Services Web site (www.lawhelpcalifornia.org), the California Courts Online Self-Help Center

(www.courtinfo.ca.gov/ selfhelp), or by contacting your local court or county bar association.

NOTE: The court has a statutory lien for waived fees and costs on any settlement or arbitration award of $10,000 or more in a civil case. The court’s lien must be paid before the court will dismiss the case. The name and address of the court is:

Quincy Courthouse, 520 W. Main Street,

Quincy, CA 95971

The name, address, and telephone number of the plaintiff’s attorney, or plaintiff without an attorney, is: Charles V. Simonetti, Esq.; 75 Court Street, Second Floor, Quincy, CA 95971; (530) 283-9205

DATE: February 27, 2019

Clerk, by M. Bastian, Deputy


Street address of the Property: 566 6th

Avenue, Portola, CA 96122

Legal description of the Property: Lot 5,

Block 32 of Roberts Lumber Co. addition to

Portola Townsite filed in the Office of the

Plumas County Recorder in Book A of

Maps, Page 28.

Plumas County Assessor’s Parcel Number:


Published PR

March 20, 27, April 3, 10, 2019|



Fee Changes

Recreation Fees – Aquatics

The City Council of the City of Portola will hold a public hearing to receive public input and consider approval of a change to the fees charged at the Portola Pool. The hearing will be held on Wednesday, April 24, 2019 at 6:00 p.m., or as soon thereafter as possible, in the City Council Chambers, 35 Third Avenue, Portola, California.

All interested persons are invited to be present and heard at said meeting. Information relating to the above matter is on file in the office of the City Clerk, 530-832-6801, m.klundby@ci.portola.ca.us, City Hall, 35 Third Avenue, Portola, California

Melissa Klundby

City Clerk

Published PR

April 10, 17, 2019|


Este informe contiene informacion muy importante sobre su agua portable. Traduzcalo o hable con alguien que lo entienda bien.

The Grizzly Lake CSD Domestic Water System Has Levels Of Uranium Above the Drinking Water Standard.

Our domestic water system is in violation of the drinking water standard for uranium. Although this is not an emergency, you have the right to know what happened, what you should do, and what we are doing to correct this situation.

What happened?

We are required by state regulations to test our well water for certain radioactive elements. The maximum contaminant level (MCL) for uranium in drinking water as determined by the state is 20 picoCuries per liter (pCi/L). The most recent results show our Running Annual Average uranium concentration of Well 02 is 28.2 pCi/L, and therefore exceeds the uranium MCL.

What should I do?

• You do not need to use an alternative water supply (e.g. bottled water).

• This is not an emergency. If it had been, you would have been notified immediately. However, some people who drink water uranium in excess of the MCL over many years may have kidney problems or an increased risk of getting cancer.

• If you have other health issues concerning the consumption of this water, you may wish to consult your doctor.

What is being done?

The District has received grant funding to investigate new sources of water supply which would comply with the uranium standard. The well that has the higher uranium level, Well 02, is only used when necessary as a backup source. The District’s other source of supply, Well 01, is in compliance with the uranium standard with a Running Annual Average below the MCL.

The District is currently operating under state Compliance Order 01-02-14(O)-001 that requires the District to ensure the water supply complies with the state uranium standard.

For more information, please call the Grizzly Lake CSD at 530-832-5225.

This notice is being distributed by the Grizzly Lake Community Services District.

Published PR

April 10, 2019|