Portola Reporter Public Notices for the week of 6/6/18

Estate of Weston


TO ADMINISTER ESTATE of Joan Virdell Weston, decedent

Case Number PR18-00029

To all heirs, beneficiaries, creditors, contingent creditors, and persons who may otherwise be interested in the will or estate, or both, of: JOAN VIRDELL WESTON.

A Petition For Probate has been filed by: Daniel R. Weston in the Superior Court of California, County of Plumas.

THE PETITION FOR PROBATE requests that: Daniel R. Weston be appointed as personal representative to administer the estate of the decedent.

THE PETITION requests authority to administer the estate under the Independent Administration of Estates Act. (This authority will allow the personal representative to take many actions without obtaining court approval. Before taking certain very important actions, however, the personal representative will be required to give notice to interested persons unless they have waived notice or consented to the proposed action.) The independent administration authority will be granted unless an interested person files an objection to the petition and shows good cause why the court should not grant the authority.

A hearing on the petition will be held in this court as follows: June 11, 2018, at 9:00 a.m., at the Superior Court of California, County of Plumas, Dept. 2, Courthouse, 520 Main Street, Quincy, CA 95971.

If you object to the granting of the petition, you should appear at the hearing and state your objections or file written objections with the court before the hearing. Your appearance may be in person or by your attorney.

If you are a creditor or a contingent creditor of the decedent, you must file your claim with the court and mail a copy to the personal representative appointed by the court within the later of either (1) four months from the date of first issuance of letters to a general personal representative, as defined in section 58(b) of the California Probate Code, or (2) 60 days from the date of mailing or personal delivery to you of a notice under section 9052 of the California Probate Code.

Other California statutes and legal authority may affect your rights as a creditor. You may want to consult with an attorney knowledgeable in California law.

You may examine the file kept by the court. If you are a person interested in the estate, you may file with the court a Request for Special Notice (form DE-154) of the filing of an inventory and appraisal of estate assets or of any petition or account as provided in Probate Code section 1250. A Request for Special Notice form is available from the court clerk.

Attorney for Petitioner: Alice M. King, PO Box 3926, Quincy, CA 95971, 530-283-0325, SBN: 144687.

Published PR

May 23, 30, June 6, 2018|



Public Notice

NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Board of Directors of the Eastern Plumas Rural Fire Protection District has adopted a preliminary budget for : (1) Salaries and Wages, (2) Services and Supplies, and (3) Fixed Assets, which preliminary budget can be inspected Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at the FIRE HOUSE between 8:30 A.M. and 11:30 A.M. and that the said Board of Directors of the said District will meet at the FIRE HOUSE on September 11, 2018 at the hour of 6:30 P.M. for the purpose of fixing the final budget for said Fire Protection District at which time and place any taxpayer may appear and be heard regarding the increase, decrease or omission of any item of the budget, or for the inclusion of additional items.

Katy Martinez

Secretary of Eastern Plumas Rural Fire Protection District

Published PR

June 6, 2018|



Budget Notice

Notice is hereby given that the General Manager of the Gold Mountain Community Services District has prepared a proposed final budget which is available for inspection at the Gold Mountain CSD office Tuesday through Friday between the hours of 9:00 am and 4:00 pm. The Board of Directors will meet to adopt the final budget at the District Office:  150 Pacific St. #8 Portola, CA on June 15th, 2018 at 10:00 am. Any person may appear and be heard regarding any item in the budget or regarding the addition of other items.

Tiana Bradley

Board Secretary

Gold Mountain Community Services District.

Published PR

June 6, 2018|



Public Notice

High-Capacity Inactive Wells

TO: High-Capacity Well Owners

FROM: Sierra Valley Groundwater Management District

SUBJECT:  Reporting of High-Capacity Inactive Wells

The California Department of Water Resources has directed all groundwater districts to develop a sustainability plan over the next few years that addresses groundwater levels, groundwater quality, surface water interaction and more.  In an effort to meet the mandates of the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA), the Sierra Valley Groundwater Management District (SVGMD) Board of Directors has been working on ordinances and policies that will satisfy the requirements of the law.

The SVGMD is responsible for measuring actual and potential groundwater extraction by municipal and agricultural high-capacity wells.  In pursuit of that goal, the Board has identified a need to create a report describing the number of high-capacity inactive wells and the location of those wells to assist in the calculation of groundwater extraction capabilities in the Sierra Valley Groundwater Basin.

The Board of Directors has adopted an ordinance requiring registration of all high-capacity inactive wells. The District will plot the GPS location and record your estimate of its pumping capacity.  A high-capacity inactive well is defined in Ordinance 18-01 per section 3(a) and section 4(a) “as those capable of pumping 100 gallons per minute or more or constructed with casings larger than a seven (7) inch outside diameter (OD), and unmetered.” To view the ordinance in its entirety, please visit the District’s website at www.sierravalleygmd.org.

Failure to register all high-capacity inactive wells on your property within the District may result in the loss of your ability to activate an inactive well for future use. Inactive wells must be registered with the SVGMD by July 1, 2018. Please contact the SVGMD clerk of the board if you have any questions or need a registration form.

Published PR

June 6, 2018|